Thursday, November 10, 2011

Go Hard In The Paint

Hollywood is a bitch of a boss! If talent were the only requirement I think television would be flooded with innovators instead of just beautiful impostors. It is hard to be told your good...but! What is this obsession with a look? I am all for looking at attractive people, but the problem develops when the ideal of beauty is situated exclusively in Europe. It puts a lot of that incredible talent right out of sight. Chasing this dream is a rush. I mean every new audition is a chance to book and update your resume. The goal is always to book, however in the event that you do not book then you pray to your God that you made a good impression on the casting directors. Perhaps one day they will call you up from the bench and put you in the game. Hell, your always hoping that coach will actually let you play in the game. How else do you get the Emmy or Oscar? That is the problem with dreaming...it ain't worth doing if you don't do it big! Life, especially "The Good Life" cannot be lived unless you GO HARD IN THE PAINT! The sports references are completely necessary, I promise. I sat for so long waiting for my opportunity and they came, but then it was like as quickly as it came it went away. I realized that the only coach I need to depend on is me because I am always gonna put myself in the game. Entrepreneurial dreams are the only ones that count. Do it for yourself! So now that I finished my pilot "The Good Life" I plan to stalk Ice Cube. I plan to stalk everyone that I can to see this dream realized. We have to change television. We have to make it more realistic and open it up to talent! For everyone out there that has an idea or a dream you have to chase it at all cost. Put it together, package it, and shop it. When you control it coaches from all over will come to you asking you to play. Shot out to Maya Lott, creator of the musical "LA", Jasmynne Shaye, writer/director/performer of the one woman show "Stepping On A Few Toes", and to Ashlee Thomas,  founder and director of "Enlightened Theater". These are some incredibly talented women doing for themselves. They have inspired me to GO HARD IN THE PAINT.

No comments:

Post a Comment